Tuesday, August 19, 2014

malware, malfeasance, mal, mal, mal

Boy am I fed up!  I have had to deal with spyware, adware, ad malware this past month  It got to the point that I had to either become a computer programmer and know how to root out those pesky files or spend money to have someone else do it.  Sigh.  I opted for door number too. 

This whole experience has renewed my appreciation for IT staff at colleges and the challenges they face.  I have also wondered again why why why PC and software manufacturers haven't forestalled these problems ages ago with better code.   And why why why we consumers don't refuse to buy another PC until this problem is solved.

With the almost  news that accounts are stolen by criminals all the time,   using a computer is less fun. 
I've changed passwords at least 2-3 times for some accounts and even more for others. 
I have a touch PC right now and it has aps which seem to be functioning better than just going to the Internet.  Time will tell, though. 

No comments:

Post a Comment